Group Name: Shapeshifting dragons
Our idea from the Design Retreat: Voice command, gestures, and joystick all in a universal controller, with a dock to connect to Pauls chair.
What our idea is now: Using a hacked version of a Kinect gaming system in order to translate Pauls particular movements into game controls.
Existing Product 1
1) The Name of product: XBOX 360 KINECT
2) A link to where you found it online. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/accessories/kinect/Home
3) Embed an image of the products you’ve found.
4) Describe the key features of this product. Motion tracking with infrared camera, used in gaming.
5) How is it similar to your group’s idea? Because it utilizes infrared technology to track gestures ans translate it to game commands
6) How could it be improved? Use with multiple different sysmbols instead of just the xbox.
Existing Product 2
1) The Name of product: Nintendo Wii Switch Enabled Grasp-Free Controller Kit
2) A link to where you found it online: http://www.broadenedhorizons.com/switch-enabled-nintendo-wii-remote-kit
3) Embed an image of the products you’ve found:
4) Describe the key features of this product: 4 Ability Switches Sold Separately. Roughneck Dual Pushbutton, Foot/Fist Switches, Sip-n-Puff, or Bite Switches Recommended.(Hands free).
5) How is it similar to your group’s idea? Will help paul play video games using assitive technology.
6) How could it be improved? Addition of sip and puff switches.