1. Patterns/Themes/Differentiators (defining goals, knowledge/skills and attitudes)
-HAS LIMITED SPEECH AND MOTOR SKILLS
-UNDERSTOOD PERFECTLY WHAT WE WERE SAYING
-NEEDS AN AIDE CONSTANTLY
4. Personal information
Unlike the key differentiators, the personal information doesn’t have to be completely accurate, as long as it is precise (make it up)! Here are some details to include:
- Age: 65
- Location: Lives with his aide
- Personality (eg: creative, shy, diligent): shy
- Home/family life (eg: married parents, middle class suburban):
- Hobbies: likes to play chess, checkers and dominoes
- Other: (eg: favorite TV shows or music, etc): likes to listen to opera and audio books
5. Interview-specific information
The interview specific information helps you to relate the person more specifically to area for which you are designing – What did your interview focus on? Art, Independence in the home/life, Workplace/Job. Here are some possible characteristics to use:
- Experience. Describe their experience related to your interview topic.
- Future plans. How will future behavior change from current behavior? For example, are they expecting to go to college, get a certain kind job, invent something awesome?
- Motivators. Which types of things motivate them?
- Pain points. What challenges do they have? Are there barriers (physical, emotional, practical) for them to do everything they want to do?
Tony has very limited speech skills and as a result has a huge problem with communication. He has an aide that has been with him for a long time but still has problem getting his point across. He also is wheelchair bound and is unable to move in complicated motions.
6. Profile (psychologically based mini-biography)
Tony is a 65 year old man with cerebal palsy. He has very limited dexterity and has a problem communicating. He likes to play checkers, chess, and dominoes. He listens to opera and audio books. He also participates in cooking club. However, due to his inability to move a lot, he cannot take on big tasks in this club. He has an aide that has been with him for 12 years who understands his needs and wants. Unfortunately though he has to constantly be with his aide to just go through his daily life.