Group Name: Mind-Controlling Cats
Our idea from the Design Retreat:
A squeezable object, containing sensors, that detects applied pressure and creates a certain affect, be it color change or variable, in a digital art program. This helps those who have limited to no physical mobility.
Existing Product 1:
- 1) Name: Leap Motion Orientation
- 2) Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzAaMbEHrpg
- 3) Image:
- 4) This application is included with the sensor and provides the ability to create basic and simple brushstrokes using mid-air gestures
- 5) It uses the concept of a new type of input for digital art programs, which relates to our HMW question and is somewhat related to our own idea through this way.
- 6) We can make it more amicable to people who don’t have a lot of mobility in their arms, as is required by this application.
Existing Product 2
- 1) Name: Capability Switches
- 2) Link: https://enablingdevices.com/catalog/capability_switches
- 3) Image:
- 4) Capability switches are switches which allow the physically challenged user to activate devices in their environment. The switches on this website reflect solutions to a broad range of disabling conditions.
- 5) It enables people with limited mobility to create digital art easier and faster.
- 6) We can make it more amicable to people who don’t have a lot of mobility in their arms, as is required by this application, especially in applying pressure and pushing down on this switch. The sensitivity is very much in question and the price is just outrageous.